Award for Technology and Reading
The IRA Award for Technology and Reading is designed to honor educators in grades K–12 or equivalent who are making an outstanding and innovative contribution to the use of technology in reading education.
Entries are judged by members of the International Reading Association Technology, Communication, and Literacy Committee. There will be a grand prize winner selected as the best application from across all the regions and up to nine regional winners. The committee reserves the right not to award all prizes if the quality of entrants does not merit awards. Deadline for submission is November 15, 2014. (Extended to January 15, 2015)
- All entrants must be IRA members.
- All entrants must be educators who work directly with students grades K-12 for all or part of the working day.
- Educators who work in public, parochial, or private elementary or secondary schools in the United States, Canada, or other countries (includes U.S. Territories and APO schools) are eligible for the regional awards. All entries are eligible for the grand prize.
- The program being described must be complete as of the date of the application. No programs planned for future implementation will be accepted.
- Entries incorporating any brand of computers, operating systems, software applications, and other technologies such as TV or video are acceptable.
* Current Teaching Position
The application must include the following items:
To upload your files please click on 'browse' to locate your document in your files than click on 'upload' to attach to form.
- The program description of the ways you have used technology to improve the reading and literacy abilities of students in your school. Your program description must be double-spaced and may not exceed three pages.
- The program description must include the following: a broad overview of the program and its goals; student population; technologies used; learning activities performed by your students; and results achieved.
- No videos, CD-ROMs, other media, photographs, or other materials of any kind may be submitted.
If you are unable to upload, please send them via:
Mail (regular or express)
International Reading Association
IRA Award for Technology and Reading
800 Barksdale Road
Newark DE 19711
* Do you give the International Reading Association the right to use your application, name, picture, voice, and/or likeness for editorial or promotional purposes, and to publish summary information about the winning projects on their websites, publications and/or brochures?
* Has the nominee/applicant been nominated for or applied for another IRA award this year?
Use this checklist to be sure you have completed and submitted all sections of your application correctly before clicking on 'Submit'.
* Indicates Response Required