1. A dedicated volunteer who has made a lifelong commitment to a local, state or provincial council within North America or to a local or regional council, or international affiliate outside of North America.
2. Candidates must have contributed significant volunteer service and been active for at least ten years.
3. Candidates must be nominated by an IRA council or affiliate president or coordinator.
4. Candidates must be IRA members.
5. Preference will be given to those candidates who have not already received major recognition from IRA (i.e. elected to the IRA Board, received the Special Service Award).