1. Outstanding contributions in a leadership role in the field of reading.
2. Excellent influence on students, teachers, colleagues, children, and parents through instruction, lectures, writings, research.
3. Outstanding contributions of a highly original kind in the field of reading theory; outstanding contributions in the field of methods and/or media.
4. Initiation and development of original ideas that have increased knowledge and understanding of the reading process and/or improved practices in reading instruction and development.
5. Selfless dedication and tireless efforts, encouragement and inspiration, unassuming devotion; service as a prophet (rather than a profiteer) in furthering the development of the field of reading.
6. Outstanding contributions to the design and implementation of reading courses; outstanding lectures, over a long period, for reading professionals.
7. The production of definitive material or important restructuring of existing material with exhaustive coverage of the given field. Outstanding contributions from the point of view of communication -- brilliant pedagogy in print.
8. Superior service in several important capacities in reading, e.g. as teacher, scholar, researcher, psychologist, linguist, supervisor, author, lecturer, critic, administrator, counselor, or clinician.
Deadline for submission is November 15, 2014. (Extended to January 15, 2015)