In preparing your application, do not include the applicant’s name, institutional affiliation, or any other personal information that will identify the applicant on any part of the application other than the cover sheet. This will ensure a blind review of all proposals.
The completed cover sheet should be sent as a separate document from your proposal.
Description of Application Elements
- Cover Sheet; complete all items on the cover sheet.
- Curriculum Unit Template must include:
- Unit overview
- Core Literacy Skills and Strategies
- Common Core Project
- Common Core State Standards alignment
- Student content
- Collaborative elements
- Multimedia elements
- Lesson Design
Review Procedures and Evaluation Criteria
Applications will be reviewed by members of the ILA Zolt Award/Grants and ILA Technology and Literacy Award Committee.
- A blind review will be conducted and each application will be reviewed by up to three reviewers
- Decisions will be based on the quality of the application, relevance to the award’s intent, and the quality of supporting materials
- The award will be made only in those years when the committee concludes there is an application of high quality
- Recipient of award is encouraged to submit an article for publication in an ILA journal or submit a proposal for presentation at an ILA Annual Conference