The IRA Board of Directors serves to fulfill the goals of the organization as well as to sustain and support its member councils/affiliates. Board members are committed to the wellbeing of councils and interested in the issues confronted by council/affiliate members.
Board members are available to attend council/affiliate conferences and other professional development events, leadership workshops, and executive meetings.
Some of the ways Board members can support your council/affiliate are:
- Deliver a keynote speech at your conference
- Bring greetings from IRA at a session or social event
- Present a break-out session
- Attend Annual General Meeting or an executive meeting
- Meet with council members to discuss issues of concern
- Participate in a Leadership Workshop
- Make an appearance or provide assistance at a membership or publications booth.
The Board Administrator in the Executive Unit will get back in touch with the Council/Affiliate chair for additional information after they have confirmed with the Board member(s) that they are available on the dates requested.
If the Board member(s) is unavailable on the requested dates, the Board Administrator will let the Council/Affiliate chair to explore other options.