Thank you for your interest in serving as a Mentor (Tor)!
The Mentorship process is an integral component of the YP4 Fellowship. Not only does this process allow Fellows to stay connected with the program between Regional Trainings and National Summit, it also offers Fellows the opportunity to connect with strategic thought-partners who are committed to their personal and professional success. We are excited to work with diverse members of the YP4 Alumni network who bring a wealth of experiences, knowledge, and expertise.
To make this program a success, we need the following from you:
- Commitment to joining a 1-hour Mentorship on-boarding call with YP4 staff at one of the following times:
- Thursday, May 24: 3 pm or 8 pm EST
- Thursday, June 21: 3 pm or 8 pm EST
- Thursday, July 26: 3 pm or 8 pm EST
- Commitment to make contact with your Mentee (Tee) at least once a month from May 2018 to April 2019 be that over email, in-person, over the phone, or over Facetime/Google Hangout.
- Commitment to offering feedback to staff to enrich the Mentorship process by engaging in quarterly check-in calls with YP4 staff and completing at least two Mentor surveys.
- Communicate with YP4 staff regularly about the status and of your relationship with your Tee. Communicate if there are any issues that arise.
To make this program a success, we commit the following to you:
- Each Tor will receive quarterly check-in calls over the course of the year to touch base with YP4 staff on any questions or conversations you encounter.
- YP4 staff will provided resources and support to enhance the mentorship process.
- YP4 staff will prioritize Tors in applications for National Summit Trainers and next year's Alumni Council.
*** If you're interested, please complete this form by Saturday, June 30th at 11:59 pm PST ****