The Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey (BIANJ) is the primary provider of information, education, advocacy, prevention strategies and support services for people with brain injury and their families in New Jersey.
BIANJ Annual Seminar:
The Annual Seminar offers an educational and networking opportunity for professionals to gain knowledge of the latest research, best practices and effective strategies for working with individuals affected by brain injury. The knowledge level of the audience varies, including both new and experienced professionals.
The Seminar is a full day conference consisting of a keynote presentation followed by three workshop blocks with three presentations in each block. Lunch will be served and organization exhibitors and student poster presentations will also be included.
We are planning for an in-person event but will likely include a virtual option for attendance. Therefore, presentations will be given live, on-site but will be set up for virtual participation as well. Seminar presentations will also be recorded for use as an Independent Study on the BIANJ website.
Call for Proposals:
We invite you to submit a proposal to present a workshop at the BIANJ 40th Annual Seminar. Proposals typically focus on research, prevention, treatment or rehabilitation related to working with individuals affected by brain injury. Workshops should contribute to participant’s knowledge base, understanding of best practices and strategies that can be used in their work. We encourage you to consider making your workshop interactive if possible, and to share available resources.
The 2022 Seminar will include a focus on mental health and brain injury. Strong consideration will be given to presentations that include mental health concerns.
Proposal submission deadline is Friday, November 19, 2021.
- The Seminar is scheduled for Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- The Seminar will be held at the Pines Manor, Edison, NJ.
- All workshops are 75 minutes; we ask that all presenters speak for a minimum of 60 minutes and use the final 15 minutes for question and answer. Question and answer opportunities are required in all workshops/presentations.
- The 2022 BIANJ Annual Seminar will be a live event but will include a virtual option for attendance. The presentations are recorded for use as an Independent Study on our website. Presenters must be comfortable being recorded and having attendees participate virtually as well as in person.
- We will be applying for the following CEU’s: AOTA, APA, APTE-NJ, ASHA, CCM, CDMS, CHES, CRCC, NASW-NJ, NJSNA
- All presenters will receive complimentary registration to the Seminar.
- Presenters may not use a workshop session to promote a company, product(s), or service(s) verbally or in writing. Presenters will be required to sign disclosure documents regarding any conflict of interest.
- BIANJ does not provide honorariums for presentations nor reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Those who have their proposal accepted will be required to submit at least five current bibliographical references from 2016 to present. All references/citations must be in current APA format.
- Presenters who are selected to speak at the Seminar are expected to comply with all requirements and deadlines.
By submitting my presentation, I agree to abide by all requirements outlined above.