Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2021 District Convention Scholarship Awards. Please submit your application no later than February 20th, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST as the application will close after this deadline.
CKI scholarships are designed to provide recognition and financial assistance to individual CKI members who have excelled in areas of their collegiate careers. The recipients will be CKI members who have achieved academic excellence, demonstrated leadership abilities, and provided service to others. The applicants should be of high moral character and should strive for excellence in their endeavors. The scholarship are merit-based and financial need is not a factor in these awards.
Capital District Kiwanis Foundation Matching District Scholarships
This is a special program using the combined efforts of Capital District Kiwanis and the Capital District
Kiwanis Foundation. Funds are allocated by Capital District Kiwanis and matched by the Capital Kiwanis
District Foundation. This unique program allows for CKI members to continue their higher education with the support of its sponsoring organization.
1. Applicant must be a member in good standing of a CKI club in good standing with the Capital District
and Circle K International. Applicants name must be listed on their home club's 2020‐21 Member
Report Form, on file with the International Office as of the scholarship deadline.
2. Applicant must have at least part‐time student status during the academic years preceding and
following the 2020 International Convention.
3. Applicant must be enrolled in good standing with said college or university with a grade‐point average equivalent to a B or the 80th percentile.
4. Current members of the Circle K International Board of Trustees are not eligible for these awards on any level. The CKI District Governor, who served during the 2020‐2021 year, is not eligible for these awards on the district level.
5. Previous winners of the award are not eligible.
Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the financial aid office of the institution in which the recipient is enrolled. Please be sure to provide accurate information on the application form to ensure the funds are properly credited to the college/university account.
1. Applicant must submit:
a. The completed 2021 application form.
b. One letter of recommendation from a Kiwanian.
c. An official transcript and explanation of the college/university grading system. A transcript
photocopy will not be accepted.
d. Optional: Letter of reference from community leader familiar with your volunteer work.
2. The application and letters are not required to be submitted together. The official transcript may be emailed directly from the university. Applications will not be considered unless ALL items are
received by the deadline.
3. The application for the district matching scholarship should be submitted through this form. Official transcripts and letters of recommendation should be mailed directly to CKI District Administrator Matt Brent at the address below by the school or recommender. If you have any questions, call Administrator Matt Brent at (804) 436‐5539 or e‐mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Applications must be received by February 20th, 2021.
5. Application materials shall become the property of the Capital District of Circle K International and
shall not be returned.
Please consult this checklist to ensure that you are aware of all the nessessary componants to this application.
All supplemental items, including letter(s) of recommendation and official transcript(s), should be sent to:
156 Coan Harbour Drive
Lottsburg, VA 22511