Berger Book Bag is a fund administered by the UW-Fond du Lac Foundation for the purpose of providing financial assistance to UW Oshkosh, Fond du Lac campus students who might otherwise have difficulty in purchasing required books and academic supplies. The funding for this program is made possible through generous gifts made by Judith Berger-O’Brien to honor the memory of Joseph S. Berger, Jr., who with his father Joseph S. Berger, Sr. was instrumental in the establishment of the Fond du Lac campus.
- A maximum of $300 per student will be awarded per semester toward the purchase of books or academic supplies from the campus bookstore (including supplies that the bookstore may need to order).
- Berger Book Bag Grant recipients may only purchase books and supplies for their own personal use.
- Student must be admitted to UW Oshkosh, Fond du Lac campus and attend classes on the Fond du Lac Campus.
- Student must attend classes face to face (on-line students are not eligible for grant)
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of Campus and Foundation representatives and evaluated, based on financial need.
- Grant applications will be accepted between:
- May 1 - August 1 for the Fall semester
- November 1 - January 3 for the Spring semester.