The person listed above (“Foster Home”) agrees to act as a foster home for New England All Breed Rescue (“NEABR”) in accordance with the terms of this Foster Home Agreement (“Agreement”).
- The Foster Home certifies that the information provided herein and in his/her Foster Home Application is true and correct.
- The Foster Home acknowledges that s/he will be provided a copy of the NEABR Foster Manual, and understands and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Dog Foster Manual. The Foster Home understands that basic medical and general expenses shall be covered by NEABR only as provided in the Dog Foster Manual. You will
- The Foster Home agrees to care for its foster animals in a humane and responsible manner, and to provide the foster animal with sufficient shelter, water and food.
- The Foster Home acknowledges that ownership of all foster animals shall remain with NEABR until such time as proper adoption is completed. No foster animal may be adopted, transferred, or relinquished without approval by an authorized representative of NEABR.
- The Foster Home agrees to keep the foster animal’s NEABR ID Tag on the foster animal at all times, and to keep the foster animal on a leash or in a secure pet carrier when outside of its foster home or fenced yard, and to keep the foster animal within the passenger compartment of any vehicle during vehicular transportation.
- The Foster Home understands and agrees that only designated NEABR representatives have authority to approve and place rescued animals into foster or permanent homes, and that only authorized representatives of NEABR will conduct interviews and make adoption placement decisions.
- The Foster Home agrees to notify his/her Foster Home Contact as soon as possible of any change in the status of either the animal in his/her care or the foster home environment described above, and to immediately notify his/her Foster Home Contact in the event the foster animal is injured or missing.
- The Foster Home agrees to be courteous, helpful, and honest to potential adopters and to cooperate in showing the foster animal and accommodating potential adopters who wish to see the foster animal. The Foster Home will provide NEABR with his/her fair impressions and honest assessment of the foster animal.
- The Foster Home understands that adoptions will be deemed consummated only upon execution of the NEABR adoption contract, receipt of adoption fee, and final approval by an authorized NEABR representative.
10. The Foster Home understands and agrees that NEABR foster animals are rescues, and that rescue animals respond to situations differently and unpredictably. The Foster Home understands and agrees that NEABR makes no representations or warranties express or implied, about the foster animal’s health, behavior or temperament.
11. The Foster Home understands that all work done with NEABR is at his/her own risk, and hereby releases NEABR its volunteers from any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from his/her voluntary foster care and/or from any claims relating to adoption, ownership or possession of the foster animal. The Foster Home also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NEABR, its volunteers from any and all losses, fines, claims or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to the foster animal or his/her voluntary foster care of such animal, including any claims for injury or damage to persons or property caused by the foster animal.
12. The Foster Home certifies and understands that this is a legally binding contract.