This program is based on the amount of funding available and is limited to the Foundation’s thirty-seven county service area. The program provides financial aid to people who need help paying for safe, reliable, and affordable transportation to and from dialysis or transplant appointments. Approved applicants must have at least one standing appointment per month related to kidney disease. If approved, a $200 reimbursement check is mailed out in March and a second $200 check is mailed out in August. The Kidney Foundation of Ohio does not provide or have the means to provide transportation to appointments. If approved, a renewal form must be submitted by July 1st to receive the August check.
- Application must be completed by a healthcare professional.
- Transportation assistance cannot be awarded in conjunction with medication assistance.
- The Kidney Foundation of Ohio’s ability to assist patients is based on the availability of funds. An application for assistance is not a guarantee of acceptance or “entitlement” to services.
- U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines will be used to determine the patient’s level of eligibility. Intentionally misleading information on the application is cause for denial of assistance.
- There is a minimum two-week review process for all applications.
- Programs may be changed or discontinued at any time without notice.
For questions, contact (216) 771-2700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.