Rules and Regulations
Directors. Coordinators. Arbitrators:
Professor Shaw email@example.com
• The Safety, Fairness, & Total competition Experience for all competitors is always our priority.
• Proper competition uniform & belt must be worn representing your teacher & art form.
• The first to register will be the last to compete in Kata, Weapons, & Self Defense divisions. All registration
entries will be dated as received. Registration form or E-mail notice without payment is NOT considered
• After preregistrations are received, bracketing will be determined to Assigned Rings according to age group.
Black belts have their own assigned rings.
• 3 Judges in all color belt divisions White through Brown - Scoring Criteria: 9.0 – 9.99 (no tens) - judges use all
hundredths (i.e. 9.50 mid or 9.78) – For Kata, Weapons, Self Defense.
• 5 Judges for Black Belt competition. HEAD JUDGE has Full control of the division rings
• Any unsportsmanlike conduct will result in disqualification, this includes parents, fellow competitors, &
instructors, may result in being escorted out & off the premises. We reserve the right to refuse entry &
competition without reason.
• Each & Every Ring will have a designated Ring Manager, Time keeper, Score Keeper & Ring Runner.
• Maximum – 2 minutes
• Scoring will be based on strong basic techniques.
o First Tie – throw out High score
o Second Tie –Option to perform same or erent kata/form
o Winner will be determined by show of hands.
o Positive Coaching allowed
Kumite – Fighting
• Males must wear groin protection. MANDATORY. Optional and recommended for females.
• Head, hand, feet gear & mouth piece is mandatory. Chest protector, shin, forearm, & face mask is optional.
In beg/inter (white - green) if mask is worn does not give the latitude to hit to the face.
• Green Belt and below – No Face contact, Controlled “Tap Pulled” head contact to head gear allowed. No Face
contact in ALL Kids divisions.
• ALL Hand & Foot scoring techniques are ONE (1) Point. Groin is a target & One point.
• Black Belts & Brown Belts – Controlled Face contact allowed.
• 2 side judges, 1 middle head judge. 2 out of 3 judges must have majority hand vote on points. 3 Judges for
color belt white through brown belts. 5 Judges for Black Belts.
• One 2 minute round - highest score wins or first to 3 points wins in White through Brown belts. If tied after
time regulation. Over time next point wins. Black belts 2 minutes. First to 5 points. Tie after regulation time.
Over time next point wins.
• Out of Bounds. Any part of the body considered out of bounds by referees is NO point. Running out of the
ring is one warning . Then 2nd time point deduction
• All Kids divisions and adults Beg/Inter (wht-grn) – Automatic disqualification for drawing blood. Adult adv
divisions (brn/blk) – Disqualification for drawing blood will be at the discretion of head judge
• Positive Coaching allowed
• Every effort will be made so that same school competitors will compete in later rounds.
• Excessive and/or Malicious intent will be automatic disqualification.
• If you drop your weapon, you may continue & finish, but will automatically receive lowest score 9.00 and will
• A broken weapon is your responsibility & your instructors’ responsibility to insure safety & to be prepared
for competition & will be scored accordingly.
• If you make a mistake, you may continue on & receive scores from the judges. If you make a mistake & start
over, you automatically receive lowest score of 9.00 & will not place.
• Beg/Inter (Wht - Brn) - 3 techniques - slow then full speed. Black belts - 5 techniques - slow then full speed.
• Judges will score based upon effectiveness of the technique, strong basic execution, contact control based on
rank level. Contact is allowed.
• Mistakes & start over rules are the same as Kata/Weapons