The International Literacy Association (ILA) Diane Lapp & James Flood Professional Collaborator Award recognizes an ongoing professional collaboration between two or more people who regularly contribute to the professional knowledge base of literacy educators. The projects and research described must be complete as of the date of the application. No projects or research planned for future implementation will be accepted.
- Open Date: Rolling
- Deadline: Though submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, the cutoff for the 2022 awards cycle is March 15, 2022. (Note: All submissions received after this date will be held for consideration the following award year.)
- Applicants are notifed of the results via email by mid-June.
- Nominees must have current ILA membership.
- Collaborations between two or more people are eligible to be nominated or self-nominated.
- Nominees must be commonly associated as a professional team.
- Nominees must be recognized in the education community as friends.
- Nominees must have worked on multiple projects and put forth several contributions of an enduring and positive impact to the evolving field of literacy education through work in literacy research and practice (may be represented by a single publication, a series of publications, or a substantial field-based project that focuses on new literacies, literacy collaborations, or literacy engagement) over a period of at least five years.
- Projects and research must qualify as significant in collaboration and impact around literacy.
- Projects and research described must be complete as of the date of the application. No projects or research planned for future implementation will be accepted.
To become an ILA member or renew your membership, please contact ILA Customer Service at 800.336.7323, 302.731.1600, or email@example.com.
To join or renew online, please visit literacyworldwide.org/membership.