The American Educational Research Association (AERA), with the support of the International Literacy Association (ILA), is sponsoring a writing project related to the theme of the 2024 AERA Annual Conference: “Dismantling Racial Injustice and Constructing Educational Possibilities: A Call to Action.”
The initiative centers on asking students in kindergarten through grade 12 how they feel about diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice to gain unique insights into the school environment.
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMELINE
- Open to students in kindergarten through grade 12
- Each student response may not exceed 1,000 words
- All responses must be submitted by an educator or other school representative
- All submissions must be received no later than January 17, 2024
- Educators will be notified by March 6, 2024, if a student response has been selected