Terms and Conditions
Void where prohibited by law. You must be 18 or over in order to enter this contest.
Submit your poster design via this form. Art must be 11″ wide × 17″ tall in .jpg, .png, .pdf, .ai, or .eps format. The maximum file size is 10 MB. All required fields on this entry form must be completed. One design per entry. Designs must be original and created by the person submitting this form. Designs not following the specifications listed, designs including offensive or derogatory images or language, or any automated or incomplete entries are void and will be disqualified. All designs become the property of the International Literacy Association (“ILA”) once submitted. The winning design is subject to moderate adjustments to ensure proper file size and resolution. This contest will run from February 3, 2020 at 9:00 AM EDT to February 24, 2020 at 11:59 PM EDT.
The winner will receive one Core Conference registration for the ILA 2020 Conference. Core Conference registration is good for Friday, October 16, 2020, and Saturday, October 17, 2020, only. Any additional conference events, days, or merchandise may be added at the winner’s expense. Airfare and lodging are not included in this prize and are the responsibility of the winner. The prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded.
Winner Selection and Notification
Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received by a combination of an internal ILA committee and crowdsourcing results. All decisions made by ILA in relation to this contest are final and binding. The winner shall be notified by email and/or phone call. Return of prize or winner notification as undeliverable, failure to respond to notification, failure to reach the winner, and/or failure to provide required proof of eligibility and release(s) in a timely manner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner from all eligible entries received. Winners must respond to ILA within 48 hours of notification via email.
ILA reserves the right to correct or change any and all file, typographical, or mechanical errors. ILA reserves the right to adjust the design for enhancement as ILA deems necessary.
By entering this contest, entrants grant ILA a royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly display, and otherwise use the design for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, placing the design on T-shirts and other merchandise for sale to the general public. Except where prohibited by law, winners will be required to sign a License Agreement or forfeit the prize. Failure to comply, or return the License Agreement, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
Assignment of Intellectual Property Rights
Upon receipt of acknowledgment from the winner of the poster design in the form of an email, the winner hereby assigns to ILA all Intellectual Property Rights that the winner has or may in the future have in the winning poster design.
Incorporation of Intellectual Property Rights Owned by a Third Party
The winner warrants that prior to supplying the winning poster design to ILA, the winner has disclosed to ILA any Intellectual Property Rights in the winning design that may be held by a third party.
If the winning design incorporates the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party, then:
1. The winner warrants that they have obtained a license from the relevant third party to incorporate the Intellectual Property Rights of that third party in the design (“Third Party License”);
2. If the Third Party License is capable of assignment to ILA, then the winner hereby assigns and transfers to ILA, and ILA hereby agrees to take an assignment and transfer of, the Third Party License and all of the rights and obligations of the winner under the Third Party License;
If the Third Party License is not capable of assignment to ILA, then:
1. The winner must disclose this fact to ILA prior to accepting the prize;
2. The winner warrants that ILA may obtain a Third Party License to the winning design in its own name;
3. Prior to the conclusion of this contest (if any) or the supply of the winning design to ILA, the winner must provide ILA with details of where to obtain the Third Party License to the winning design in its own name and the cost of doing so.
4. The winner warrants that unless expressly stated to the contrary by the winner prior to providing ILA with the winning design and prior to the conclusion of this contest (if any), the Third Party License provides ILA with a royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive, worldwide right to display, distribute, and reproduce (in any form) the Intellectual Property Rights of the third party contained in the winning design.
The winner hereby indemnifies and keeps indemnified ILA and ILA’s third party providers (“Indemnified Parties”) against any loss, cost, expense, or damage (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) that the Indemnified Parties may suffer or incur as a result of a breach by the winner of any of the provisions in these rules.
Liability of ILA and Its Third Party Providers
The winner acknowledges and agrees:
1. ILA and its third party providers are not parties to this Agreement; and
2. ILA and its third party providers shall each not be liable or responsible for any breach of this Agreement by any party to this Agreement.
By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of ILA, which shall be final on all matters pertaining to this contest. ILA is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (1) entries that are lost or late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible; (2) problems caused by telephonic, electronic, hardware, software programs, networks, the internet, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or computer malfunctions (failures, errors, or difficulties of any manner); (3) failed, incomplete, or delayed computer transmission; (4) any condition caused by events beyond control of ILA that may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted.