The purpose of this program is to provide financial relief to individuals and families who are residents of DeKalb County, Georgia, and face immediate financial relief for rent/mortgage/housing assistance. Households with documented eviction will be prioritized. Applicants can only receive financial assistance one time per household. Unfortunately, not everyone who applies will receive assistance due to grant guidelines. Please note that due to limited funding, the City of Hope Ministries, Inc. may not be able to pay your entire bill, so you should be prepared to make arrangements for the balance.
Please email all required documents to: email@example.com. The information you provide will help us determine your eligibility, along with your timely submission.
Eligibility requirements include:
The applicant must:
- be a resident of DeKalb County, GA 18 years or older to apply.
- have an immediate need for assistance and do not have any other financial resources to resolve your crisis.
- have an initial consultation with the Case Manager to determine emergency assistance needs.
- demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Be prepared to provide the following information: (Additional information may be needed to determine your eligibility)
- Proof of DeKalb Count residence (e.g., phone bill, utility bill, etc.) The applicant’s name must be on the bills.
- Documented proof of the immediate need for emergency assistance (e.g., job loss, eviction notice, late rent, or delinquent mortgage notice).
- Government-issued photo ID of all adults living in the home on a daily basis (e.g., driver’s license, passport, state ID) Cannot be expired.
- Social Security numbers of all adults 18 years or older living in the residence on a daily basis.
- Current rent/mortgage/housing lease. (Applicant’s name must be on the rental lease, mortgage statement for billing receipts, or billing statements).
- Proof of all household income for two (2) full months (most recent 60 days) of all adults living in the home on a daily basis. (e.g. paystubs)
Once your application has been submitted, a City of Hope Ministries, Inc. Case Manager may contact you for more information about your need for emergency assistance. Please be aware that due to the high volume of applications we are receiving at this time, response time may be delayed.
Emergency Assistance will be provided as long as funds are available.
Please contact Faith Lyles at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application or need help with applying for emergency assistance.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE!