CLIP AWARD Entry Form
The Perth Centre for Photography invites all photographic artists to enter the 2018 CLIP AWARD.
The CLIP Award is an internationally recognised photographic prize for new perspectives in natural and urban landscape photography. The selection criteria focuses on images which are original, stimulating, and that challenge traditional notions of landscape photography.
First Prize $ 3000
Student prize $ 1000
Commendation prize $ 500
Closing date for entries
1 March 2018, 12pm Midday (AWST)
Exhibition opening date
Thursday, 26 April 2018, 6.30pm
CLIP AWARD conditions of entry
1. The CLIP Award is open to all artists practicing in the medium of photography.
2. All entries must be submitted before closing date for entries. Late entries will not be accepted.
3. All entries must be submitted via online submission.
4. The entry fee is $35 for PCP members, $35 for students and $45 for non-members. This entitles entrants to a maximum of three images per entry.
5. Entrants may enter the CLIP Award more than once. A separate fee and entry form will be required for each submission.
6. Entries that do not meet full criteria and entry conditions will be excluded from the competition.
7. Entry fees are not refundable.
8. Entries will not be returned.
9. Finalists will be notified by email approximately two weeks following the closing date.
10. Selected finalists will be required to have their work couriered or hand delivered by the finalist submission date. The specific finalist art work submission deadline and drop off point will be supplied to finalists upon notification.
11. Finalists work is not to exceed 1.2 metres in width, including framing.and or mounting.
12. Winners will be announced on opening night.
13. The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Finalists will have the option to have their work for sale whilst on display.
15. The Perth Centre for Photography will obtain a 30% commission from any artworks sold.
16. Due to limited storage space all unsold works are to be collected from PCP during gallery opening hours no longer than 30 days following exhibition closing date. Finalists are to arrange courier/transport during gallery open hours whilst exhibitions are current. Please note that PCP will not be responsible for arranging postage, courier or transport in any way. Works not picked up from the gallery by the due date will be destroyed unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Artist and PCP management.
17. By entering the competition you confirm that you are the creator and owner of the work and that you are abiding by privacy laws and, if requested by law, you are able ensure that that the subject’s consent was obtained.
18. Although the artist automatically retains copyright of artworks, PCP reserves the right to apply selected finalist images to PCP related media/marketing material. The artists name will be credited wherever possible on each occasion.
19. The Perth Centre for Photography will exercise all reasonable care with the works submitted but will not be responsible for any loss or damage. Each artist is responsible for their own insurance cover for their work while in transit and/or during the exhibition.
20. PCP has a right to cancel, withdraw or omit works from any exhibition or an entire exhibition where:
a. PCP is of the opinion that the works for the exhibition do not conform with those described by the Exhibitor pursuant to Condition A.1 above or any other requirement of this exhibition Agreement;
b. PCP is of the opinion that the works for the exhibition do not reflect the sample artwork/s and concept/s originally proposed and accepted during the selection process.
c. Where PCP apprehends the inclusion of such works may lead to PCP be charged with any crime or subject to any attempt to commence prosecution (regardless as to whether such action is under any statutory or common law legal theory or right);
d. Unforseen cause/s rendering the PCP exhibition space/s unavailable for occupancy and use.
Image Submission Requirements
1. Images submitted must be 1000 pixels on the longest dimension and not exceed this.
3. Image files must be named using your; last initial_first two letters of your firstname_imagenumber.jpg corresponding to the image numbers on your entry form.
Example: h_bo_1.jpg (Bob Hawke)
4. Emailed, posted or delivered entries will not be accepted. Entries must be submitted via the online submission process.
5. Entries must include payment via credit card or Paypal.
6. Images must not have been created prior to January 1, 2012 and must not have been previously exhibited in other competitions.