Enrollment Terms and Conditions
Individuals who meet the following criteria are eligible to enroll in the Welder Training Courses & Career Course Bundles, and Professional Development Courses:
- Must have high school diploma or its equivalent, or must have passed the Ability-to-Benefit Exam Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST) and achieve a passing score of 200 for the Verbal test and 210 for the Quantitative test
- Diplomas from other countries are not accepted. In such cases, an Ability-to-Benefit Exam is required.
- Must be at least 16 years of age. If under age of 18, parent/guardian written consent is required. High school diploma, equivalent or Ability-to-Benefit exam is required.
In addition to the general requirements listed above, students enrolling in the Welding Courses & Welding Career Course Bundles, must meet the following requirements to be eligible for enrollment in welding courses:
- Must have a good close-up vision, at a distance of 16 inches, with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a steady hand
- Must have dexterity with the right hand, left hand, or both
- Must have good hand to eye coordination
California Welding Institute does not accept any credits earned at other institutions or through challenge examinations and achievement tests. This institution has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other college or university. It only accepts welder qualification test records from its affiliate, Advanced Weldtec, Inc to satisfy course pre-requisites.
California Welding Institute does not award credit for prior experiential learning.
California Welding Institute does not admit International Students. No visa related services are offered by the institution.
The following fees are subject to change without notice. At time of payment, students will be charged in accordance to the following fee schedule:
- All courses have a non-refundable registration fee of $250
- All courses have a non-refundable student tuition recovery fund fee of $0
- All welding courses and bundles have a non-refundable $250 fee for textbook and online material access
- Welding rod 10 lb bundle non-refundable fee: $31.80
- Welding wire spool non-refundable fee: $100
- Material bundle non-refundable fee: $50 Bundle descriptions:
- Bundle of 10 gage aluminum consists of 10 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 14 gage aluminum consists of 20 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 18 gage aluminum consists of 30 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 10 gage galvanized steel consists of 10 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 14 gage galvanized steel consists of 20 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 18 gage galvanized steel consists of 30 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 10 gage carbon steel consists of 10 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 14 gage carbon steel consists of 20 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 18 gage carbon steel consists of 30 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 10 gage stainless steel consists of 8 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 14 gage stainless steel consists of 14 sheets cut to specification for course
- Bundle of 18 gage stainless steel consists of 20 sheets cut to specification for course
- For specific course fees, see course description.
Class Attendance Requirements
Classes are held at 32081 Corydon St, Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
For the Welding Courses & Welding Career Course Bundles, students must adhere to the following class attendance requirements:
1. Welding Classes are held every Tuesday and Thursday, from 7 AM to 3 PM, unless it falls on a holiday.
2. Students must attend class as scheduled every Tuesday and Thursday from 7 AM to 3 PM (no exceptions).
3. Students who are not in class by 7:15AM are considered to be late to class and will not be allowed in after 7:15 AM. In that event, class is forfeited.
4. Students are not allowed to miss class or be late to class. A student who is late or misses more than one class per course for any reason, may be permanently dismissed, and subject to the refund policy listed in this catalog. Missed classes are forfeited, no credits given for later use.
Program Description and Training Method
Welding Career Course Bundles and Welding Courses are designed to prepare students for employment in specific industries requiring welding skills. The courses are designed to help students develop the skills level needed to become a certified welder. Having a welder certification has become one of the most important elements for obtaining a good paying job as a welder in any industry.
Training is vey intensive, military bootcamp-style, hard core, all hands-on and requires physical contact from instructor to student. Physical contact includes but is not limited to holding, pushing, moving, tapping student’s hands, arms and/or upper body to show, demonstrate and/or help student during instruction. Sexual harassment as defined by law is strictly prohibited as per Code of Conduct.
Students are lectured while welding. During the course of instruction, occasional foul language may be used by instructor and/or students, as it is commonly used in the welding industry.
Each course is broken down into modules. Each module consists of an exercise that the student must successfully perform to move on the next module and progress through the course. Welding courses vary in duration.
All students enrolling in courses are in agreement with the Training Method described here.