Certification Testing Terms and Conditions
- Intended for the skilled welder to qualify for jobs requiring certified welders
- It is intended for advanced skill level welders
- It is NOT intended for beginner or intermediate skill level welders
- complete welder certification training courses recommended for beginner & intermediate welders
TESTING LAB SCHEDULE:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 7 AM to 3 PM
- off schedule days by appointment only
- payable when submitting application
- test will scheduled upon receipt of full payment
- AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code - Steel test includes 3/8" or 1" test coupons for up to two positions, one welding process, and consumables: $395
- AWS D1.2 Structural Welding Code - Aluminum test includes 1" test coupons for up to two positions, one welding process and consumables: $500
- AWS D1.3 Structural Welding Code - Sheet Stel test includes material test for all required testing, one welding process and consumables $395
- AWS D1.8 Seismic Applications for Structural Steel test includes material test for one position, one welding process and consumables: $550
- AWS D1.5 Bridge Welding Code test includes 1" test coupons for up to three positions, one welding process, and consumables: $500
- AWS D1.6 Structural Welding Code - Stainless Steel test includes 3/8" test coupons for up to two positions, one welding process and consumables: $550
- AWS D9.1 Sheet Metal Welding Code test includes 10 Gage and 16 gage test coupons, one position, one welding process and consumables $395
- AWS D18.1 Austenitic Stainless Steel Tube test includes 2" OD 0.065 WT, one position, one welding process and consumables $550
- ASME Sec IX or API 1104 pipe test includes 6" Sch. 80 or 6" Sch. 40 coupons, one position, one welding process and consumables $500
- Observation Test for Certification Maintenance, includes one material and thickness, up to two positions, one welding process and consumables: $125
- There's an additional $50 fee to process the AWS Certified Welder Application for those who want to be added to the National Registry of Certified Welders.
- you are allowed 5 hours of welding time per test (not per position), and 2 hours for cutting and grinding completed test coupons. 5 Hours includes preparation and fit up of test coupons to be welded and warm up time. For example: your have 5 hours to complete the AWS D1.1 3G and 4G test.
- testing not completed within the timeframe allowed may be completed on a following scheduled date at an additional test fee per each day of testing.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- You need to provide PPE and hand tools. Click here to download the list.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS:
- 5 business days minimum notice required for re-scheduling
- No re-scheduling & no refunds with less than 5 business days notice
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR "NO-SHOWS"
ONE DAY PRACTICE FEE: $475
Observation / certification maintenance tests to update your activity log: test fee $125
Pricing is subject to change.
BY SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION AND PAYMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING:
1) You must present a valid government issued photo ID, which will be kept on file.
2) You MUST be drug and alcohol free while attending class or testing, and MUST notify us if you are taking prescription drugs.
3) You are required to bring your own personal welding gear and tools to class and testing. Click here to download the list.
4) You must download, printout, fully read and fully understand "ANSI/AWS Z49.1 Safety In Welding & Cutting and Allied Processes" before the class or test. You can download a copy at http://pubs.aws.org/t/FreeDownloads
5) You must fully read & fully understand the Safety Rules & Procedures outlined at the bottom of this page.
6) You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others.
7) You must follow safety procedures and abide by all safety rules of our training & testing lab.
8) You are responsible for maintaining your work area and the shop area clean and free of safety hazards.
9) You are responsible for the proper use of our equipment and agree to financially compensate Advanced Weldtec Inc for the cost of repair or replacement of any equipment or equipment parts that you damage while using them, whether you broke them intentionally or not.
...YOU BREAK, YOU PAY, NO ARGUMENT !!!
REMEMBER: Absolutely no welding on the props !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10) Once inside our gate it is all business - not pleasure - no horseplay - you must conduct yourself in a professional manner.
11) You will agree to leave all family and/or personal issues outside the main gate (including politics).
12) Socializing, hanging out, or cell phone activities ARE NOT ALLOWED (except emergencies).
13) Radios, I-pods or other types of music listening devices are not allowed.
14) You will take a lunch and an afternoon break.
15) Students must pass the certification test in order to receive a Welding Certification.
16) We reserve the right to dismiss anyone from the class or test for not strictly abiding by these Terms & Conditions.
Safety Rules & Procedures (training & testing)
- You must sign in and sign out at the office each time you attend class or take a certification test.
- An OSHA approved welding helmet must be worn when welding.
- Welding helmet must have proper filter lens shade (minimum shade #9 when welding).
- Safety Glasses must be worn at all times.
- Earplugs must be worn when welding, grinding or using a gas torch.
- #5 shade safety glasses or goggles must be worn when using a gas torch.
- Face shields must be worn when grinding.
- All grinders must have guards.
- You must be instructed for the safe use of hand held grinders, other power tools & equipment before using these tools and equipment.
- If you notice anything unsafe (including but not limited to welding props) or someone else conducting themselves in an unsafe manner or performing work in an unsafe manner, it is your responsibility to ask that person to stop work at once, and notify us immediately.
- Must wear cotton welding hat under helmet (no baseball caps).
- Must wear proper welding jacket (leather, combination leather & cotton, or fire retardant cotton).
- Must wear 100% cotton pants (jeans ok, no Dickies type polyester clothing).
- Must wear leather work boots (safety toe boots highly recommended).
- Must wear leather welding gloves when welding.
- Must wear insulated leather work gloves whenever grinding, using a gas torch, using any tools or handling metal.
- No short sleeves shirts allowed in shop.
- No shorts allowed in shop.
- No running shoes, sneakers or sandals allowed.
NOT ABIDING BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR NOT MEETING ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE WHILE ON OUR PREMISES WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL WITHOUT ANY TYPE OF REFUND.
BY SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION AND PAYMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE ABOVE DESCRIBED TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND PRICING.