This form is used to apply for a letter of no objection (LONO) when a special event/intended works requires a temporary change to traffic conditions, including:
- full or partial road closure
- redirection of traffic
- changes to posted speed limits
- use of traffic controllers
- full or partial closure of a footpath
- redirection of pedestrians
- blocking off car parks.
This application is for the assessment of the traffic impact only.
Special events/intended works
A special event/intended works is a planned activity that is wholly or partly conducted on a roadway or footpath, usually including large numbers of people. It will require a traffic management plan provided by a Transport and Main Road (TMR) registered traffic management company to ensure the event/activity is conducted safely. It may also require multiple agency approval from Council, Queensland Police Service (QPS) and TMR for the roads that will be impacted by the event/intended works. Council will advise which of these will be required during the application process.
As part of the assessment, Council examines the effect on the community, businesses and the environment. It is important to minimise the impact of the event/intended works on the operation of the road network and on local residents and businesses. Council may refuse an application if the temporary change of traffic conditions will cause major disruption to the road network, or local residents and businesses.
Allow at least 30 days for processing. Some activities may require additional information to be provided, e.g. drafts of the proposed communication methods:
- public notice (e.g. newspaper advertisement)
- letter to residents/businesses advising of the change of traffic conditions
- corflute signs and/or variable message signs notifying the public of the road closures to be placed at specific locations.