The Cape Cod and Islands Association of REALTORS® is hosting a special virtual offering of the Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) Designation Course with instructor Isabelle Perkins on February 7th, 8th & 9th online via PEARL!
The Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) Designation Course, you'll build skills in key areas of senior real estate, like selling the family home and moving to an active-adult community. This course gives you the knowledge and expertise to guide homebuyers and sellers over the age of 50 through major financial and lifestyle transitions.
During this course, you will learn how to:
And gain practical knowledge and techniques, such as:
- Counsel rather than sell to seniors
- Develop and maintain relationship marketing
- Harness the power of generational demographics
- Create competitive differentiators
- Key differences in housing options, from age-restricted communities to assisted living
- Applications of the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Ins and outs of reverse mortgages
- How to use pensions, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Ways in which Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect real estate decisions of clients over 50
- How to recognize and protect clients from mortgage finance and loan schemes that target borrowers ages 50+
$199 for CCIAOR members and $250 for non-members.
Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be provided if you cancel by January 30th. Starting January 31st, you will be refunded the registration cost minus a $50 cancellation fee. Starting on February 4th, no refunds will be provided if you cancel your registration.
*REBAC Dues - Cost of Maintaining SRES Designation:
New designees receive one-year of membership in the SRES® Council FREE.
Annual dues are $99 each year after that.
All Massachusetts licensees will receive 6 Continuing Education (CE) credits for completing the certification (RE104R18: Understanding the Basics of Reverse Mortgage | RE27RC07: 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges | RE55R06: Leisure Homes, Second Homes & Age Restricted Housing)
Please note, as this is an online offering, we will require you to be on camera for the duration of the entire class. More information will be provided in your confirmation email.
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.